Posted by : AndiSweets January 23, 2014

 

It has barely been a year since Rainbow's release of their music video Sunshine and they're already back in action having created a sub unit under the name of Rainbow Blaxx. The 4 member sub unit consisting of SeungA, Hyunyoung, Jaekyung, and Woori made their sexy debut with the song Cha Cha. If you haven't seen the video yet, check it out below. 

Music Video
Theme/Story: This music video surely breaks the trend of uninteresting overtly sexual music videos but that doesn't necessarily make it any good. I had to watch the video quite a few times before I could figure out what exactly was going on here but even now I don't think I've quite got it right. However, this is the best I can make of it. The old lady in the music video must be pulling some kind of weird Hansel and Gretel stunt by making the four girls eat everything and anything until they... spit up jewels? All this is happening while the girls are trying to be awkwardly sexy by laying on tables of food or sucking on cream on their fingers. This video is just all over the place. I'd recommend watching it at least once just for shits and giggles.

Visuals: I'm liking the make up and hair. It's nice and subtle instead of the crazy haircuts and weird bedazzled eyebrows I've seen in recent times *coughDalShabetcough*. The outfits aren't spectacular, though it is a bit refreshing to see something that isn't too wild and ridiculous but isn't an entire yawn-fest either. With the exception of some of the outfits that look like they border on lingerie, the clothing choice looks like something you'd actually see them wear in public. 
Dance: Since Rainbow Blaxx chose to go with a sexy theme, their dance of course has to be pretty sexual as well, right? I'm actually surprised that the overtly sexual themes didn't come from the dance but the girls posing with their legs spread throughout the video looking very awkward and rather unsexy doing so. The video should have probably focused more on the dance instead to detract from how hard the girls were trying to be sexual. 
Song

I'm torn on the song in many ways. I like the chorus and most of the vocals but the instrumentals can get a bit obnoxious after a while (but who's actually going to listen to this song on repeat till they decide on how they feel about it like I did?). The lyrics are way too over the top, talking about how badly (and I mean badly) they want the D. I'm not really a fan of this year's current trend of songs with lyrics about how much they want to be boned. I do like the way Woori's rap isn't too abrupt and sudden and I also really like the sound of the rap itself. I don't know what it is about her rapping but I've always liked the sound of it. Anyway, I think I actually do like (but definitely not love) the song as a whole if I don't consider the lyrics and focus on the melody alone.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © K-Pop Ranter - K-Pop Ranter - About - Contact Us! -

Google Analytics Alternative