Posted by : KPopRanter July 11, 2013
We've all heard and seen it before it before, "[insert idol here] has a schedule, so they can't make it to the show", "[insert idol here] is so busy" and "[insert idol here] needs to rest". However, with mishaps like Lee Hyori's "sleepy selca" (if you're sleepy, why can't you sleep?), Big Bang's G-Dragon putting a Tired image up on his Instagram and Girls' Generation's Taeyeon being able to visit Disneyland out of all places and update her Instagram literally everyday with media of dogs, stuffed animals and of course, the popular 'brushing teeth' video, which are things that do require a lot of time, it makes you wonder do K-Pop Idols Really not Have Time on Their Hands?
Of course, I'm not an idol, but from what I see and assume, it seems like the answer is 'occasionally, yes, but most of the times, no'.
As reported by allkpop, KARA's Goo Hara took time out of her extra busy day to update fans with a quick selca while also tweeting:
"I'm bored,"If idols even have the ability to be bored, spam us with selcas, post messages, buy lingerie and watch and download porn, then are they really that busy?
And with popular ways and evidence of wasting time such as:
• The occasional Facebook account (ex. Seungri, Roy Kim and Lee Michelle)
• VINE, Line & Kakaotalk
• Other sites like Weibo
• On an episode of SBS Star Golden Bell, MBLAQ's Joon revealed SHINee's Jonghyun (while preparing the Lucifer album) hasn't been out of his dorm doing much for two months and of course, always had time to hang out with friends.
• Tendency to gain weight after promotion
• Going places like clubs during a promotion cycles, massage parlors, baseball games and out and about with friends and lovers.
• Even the ability to have friends, date, have performances where they're not about to claw their eyes out from fatigue and share stories of something they previously did.
• Tiffany claiming she slept for 20 hours straight
it kind of shows idols have a lot of time on their hands. Of course, K-Pop Idols are busier than an average Joe like you and I, especially during promotion times when they look as if they can barely stand up on their own, but especially out of the promotion cycle, are they as time lacking as they make it out to be?
What do you think? Do idols really not have time on their hands all the time, sometimes have time to waste or is it all simply just a fib? Leave your comment below.
Like our stuff? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!