Posted by : AndiSweets October 06, 2013


Block B has been having a rough time with scandal after scandal all but ruining their reputation in the realm of Kpop but the boys have been toughing it out and keeping their light bright with their latest release, Very Good. If you haven't seen the video yet, check it out below!


The Video

Story/Theme: This is perhaps one of my favorite Block B music videos thus far with Zico being unable to decide what he wants to look like, Ukwon looking swoon worthy throughout the whole video, B Bomb not being the one exploding the place despite it being his name sake, JaeHyo getting the shit beat out of him, P.O. just going crazy with make up and shot guns, Kyung doing his thing... on a table, and Taeil being as explosive as ever with his singing voice. But really, why wasn't B Bomb the one to blow the place up? Maybe they were trying to avoid the obvious. 

What I really like is that for the most part, each member has an equal amount of airtime in the video with the obvious exception that Zico has to be the one who is seen the most. However, poor B Bomb not only got the least amount of screen time, he was stuck with what I will declare to be the most uninteresting part of the video. I mean he was just sitting in the trunk singing and looking devilishly handsome. I don't mind the eye candy but they could have given him a fun and quirky scene like the others. 

Visuals: Zico is my bias in the group, not because of his looks but because of his intense, passionate rap style. I've never had a bias really when it came to visuals but I have now seen the light that is Ukwon. I don't know what it is about those scenes with him and the mask but they have forever changed me. Everyone else looks good too with the more fresh look rather than the somewhat darker, grungy look they've gone for before.Though the grungy look is good too. 

Dance: The music video doesn't really focus on the dance because they've dedicated time to giving each member their own individual scene but it matches the crazy feel of the song perfectly. There's have the head shake and the arms spread and erratically moving in towards the chest and back out and the fast leg kicking and arm waving at the beginning of the song. I wouldn't mind watching a video of them live to see the whole dance played out. 

The Song

This is the type of song I was hoping for from Block B's comeback. It's explosive, quirky, and all around wonderful. Right off the bat, you can tell that this is going to be a bombastic song through the heavy guitar and Zelo's introduction to the song leading into B Bomb's vocals. Then the song breaks down into "I'm very very good" and the fun begins. Everyone's parts are wonderful which is both good and bad. Good because I can just rave about and love the song and bad because that makes it hard for me to be sarcastic and snarky about the quality of the song. 

Overall, I would say that I would put this on my list of songs that don't suck this year.

So what do you think about the song and video? Do you think this is enough for Block B to pull themselves out of their rut? Comment below!

{ 3 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Personally, it didn't live up to Nilli Mambo for me, as I liked their hip-hop sound more, but it's still better than what most other groups have come out so far! During the few times I watch those music shows, I think, just how did these people debut? They cannot sing nor dance, nor do they have any stage presence. They are not even good looking. They are all plastic looking (Yes, even the boys!) Just makes me appreciate groups like Block B so much more and sooooo glad they were able to return with another company!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, it didn't live up to Nilli Mambo for me, as I liked their hip-hop sound more, but it's still better than what most other groups have come out so far! During the few times I watch those music shows, I think, just how did these people debut? They cannot sing nor dance, nor do they have any stage presence. They are not even good looking. They are all plastic looking (Yes, even the boys!) Just makes me appreciate groups like Block B so much more and sooooo glad they were able to return with another company!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. Nilili Mambo was super good. I think the song was better but I like this video a little more better. I'm not saying it blew it out of the water, they're almost equal in my eyes but I do agree with pretty much everything you said. And who said boys couldn't be plastic? hehe

    ReplyDelete

- Copyright © K-Pop Ranter - K-Pop Ranter - About - Contact Us! -

Google Analytics Alternative