Posted by : KPopRanter July 24, 2013


The scandal which had everyone talking last year was the IU and Super Junior's Eunhyuk's sex scandal, where supposedly innocent, IU, uploaded said image on twitter. Only yesterday did IU finally come clean after the numerous, stupid excuses released by both SM Entertainment and LOEN Entertainment pertaining the scandal, and if you haven't watched IU's appearance on SBS's Incarnation, you should do so right now while also reading the translation from allkpop:




...she started with, "I wondered, why did this happen? Why did I do this? First, I did upload it by mistake. And to be honest, I couldn't even blame anyone else because I was the one who uploaded it. It wasn't that I could even have a hard time because of it [because it was my fault]."

She added, "I was so sorry to many people. Since I did it myself, I thought, who should I feel the most apologetic to? Should I be sorry to the people who loved me? Or should I be sorry to the people who loved the person I hurt (the other person in the photo)? I also thought a lot about, should I go out and apologize to everyone and clear up all the misunderstandings, or should I just stay quiet? I pushed back variety shows as much as I could because of that."

She continued, "I was so sorry. It wasn't something that made me have a hard time, being a burden on me or anything because I should just be sorry to everyone. I'm so sorry."


To be honest, I was actually somewhat appalled at what she said. Even though she did kinda bounce around the question and didn't fully say out 'I got the Eunhyuk D' (which really wasn't expected for her to straight out say it), I liked how she didn't cover it up like other idols probably would've (*cough* looking at you, T-ara) and basically said that it was true. Though I'm not going to completely take sides here because who knows? Maybe my fanfic-like explanation towards what happened was true--what's really funny to me is how butt hurt ELFs are overwhelming the video with 'oppar didn't mean it!' and 'IU's a liar; Eunhyuk is an angel!' and even one commenter saying:
hyuk must have hard time because of your MISTAKE ! :( 
as if Eunhyuk's backlash from the photo was more than IU's. Likewise, I believe that if IU wasn't categorized as 'nation's little sister' and more-or-less the Virgin Mary, this scandal wouldn't have been that bad.

What do you think of IU's apology? Comment below!



Like our stuff? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! 

{ 6 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. I appreciate her trying to address the whole thing, but it kinda annoyed me how she was just saying sorry and apologizing the whole time--like she didn't even address the issue, she just apologized for it. But whatever, this is an example of the very true statement that kpop idols are NOT perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True however, I get that... I mean, it would be weirder for her to say straight out 'I slept with Eunhyuk' than her to apologize... it could've been more messy.
    Not to mention, she's kinda making it how there's still some room to believe that she didn't do it for the die-hard and delusional IU fans, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really understood why this was considered a "scandal". Two pop stars might be having a relationship? What a scandal!! Then again - this is the country whose netizens consider Sunye's marriage a "scandal" as well.

    IU was damaged by it far more than Eunhyuk was. In fact, he seemed proud of the news getting out that he apparently bagged the "nation's little sister". He wouldn't shut up about it -- constantly bringing up the issue on variety shows even when he wasn't asked about it.


    IU had nothing to gain from this. Probably tweeted while she was drunk or something. Other than accidentally disclosing a private relationship that ended up causing a shitstorm (due to K-netizens being assholes), she is guilty of nothing and should have nothing else to apologize for.


    I don't know what other "issue" she is supposed to address here. Anything that happened between them is their own private business and netizens aren't owed anything. Sure - her company LOEN made a stupid statement trying to cover this up - but you can clearly see why. In a country where having a relationship is almost always labeled a "scandal" - I don't blame these kids (or their handlers) for trying to keep it a secret. It doesn't make sense at all to go public.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the dating thing was the biggest part which labels it as a 'scandal', I think it's the fact that 'nation's little sister' had sex with someone.

    Precisely! I can't even explain my outrage and confusion as to why ELFs are pretending like it wasn't as such! IU's damage from this was far greater than Eunhyuk's... why? Because females are always ridiculed more in the K-Pop Industry whether or not they're both at fault or the man holds most of the blame.

    True, I mean, it's her life and not to mention, what gives? She's a legal adult and it's not against the law to partake in that kind of stuff. Just like when IU uploaded a picture of 'alcohol' (she said it was apple juice or something later) and everyone went ape-shit as if she wasn't allowed to do that.

    I think most netizens expected her to lay it straight out "hey, I slept with Eunhyuk" when to be honest, she didn't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tbvh, it wasn't eunhyuk who bring up the scandal.. it is so happen that those host and mc bring up the issue because he was in the variety shows.. btw, it was a clear intention to see eunhyuk withdraw himself from all those variety shows.. and since when did eunhyuk not stay quiet and shut up?! he did actually..

    ReplyDelete

- Copyright © K-Pop Ranter - K-Pop Ranter - About - Contact Us! -

Google Analytics Alternative